Important places you can see!!!
• The town of Kos was founded in 366 BC, in the same area where modern Kos nowadays is to be found. When entering the harbor of Kos town the imposing medieval Castle of Neratzia is bound to draw your attention. This castle is connected to the mainland by a bridge that crosses the Palm Tree Avenue, the same one that connects the Castle to the Platanos, the large plane tree under which Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, used to teach.
• In order to take a taste of the antiquity wonders that Kos has to offer, make a stop at the
Archaeological Museum, exhibiting a wide collection of archaeological treasures, such as the mosaic of Hippocrates, the Hellenistic sculptures of Aphrodite, Eros and one believed to be of Hippocrates himself.
• Many archaeological monuments dating back to more than 3000 years can be found over the landscape, some of them being the Odeon (ancient theatre), the Roman House (Casa Romana), the Ancient Market place, the “Abduction of Europa”, the Western Excavations and many more...
• The Asklepieion, located just outside Kos town, is probably the most famous and important archaeological site on the island. It is world-wide known as the centre of Hippocrates' Medical School.
• The wetland in Psalidi, is a place of unique natural beauty await for you to feel the harmony, to experience the peacefulness and excitement of the contact with unspoilt nature. Passed the beautiful wetland of Psalidi you’ll find Therma, a place named after the numerous hot springs of the area.
• Tigaki and Marmari are the first seaside villages you will meet when leaving the town of Kos. There you will find several beaches with crystal blue waters and warm, white sand.
• Passing Zipari village you see Asfendiou, a complex of picturesque villages up on the mountain. And by all means, don't forget to watch the breathtaking sunset from Zia, where the sun seems to merge into the sea in a feast of colours and senses.
• Kardamena is a village located 30 kilometres from Kos town and 5 kilometers from "Hippocrates" International Airport. There are many interesting archaeological treasures to be seen, such as the Temple of Apollo, the early Christian Basilicas and the Ancient Theatre.
► As the sun goes down, the party begins, as Kos is an island full of life! Start by dining and continue with a drink in a night club or a cocktail bar by the beach. In either case, having a good time on this island is guaranteed.